Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Debian/Ubuntu and openssl

2009-02-09 00:50:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Debian/Ubuntu and openssl
From: Philipp Geschke <bacula AT pgmail DOT net>
To: Bill Merriam <lists AT billmerriam DOT com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 06:47:43 +0100
Hi,

I asked basically the same thing a while ago:
http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/Bacula-users/2008-08/msg00517.html

Back then I was told, that the issue had been removed, but the Debian project
seems to not have noticed this.

Basically, while asking about Ubuntu, this really is a Debian Lenny problem,
meaning that a lot of people will
have a lot of fun starting this very weekend.

Since I don't think that filing a bug report or talking to somebody will get
the release changed before Feb.
14th, all you can do is, sit back, go with the recompiling or compile a current
version by hand, and enjoy the
show. But feel free to contact whoever you like anyways.

Even though I have to ask: If Kern was in ongoing discussion with the
debian-legal list about the license issue,
how come they never heard of it being resolved?
Or did I get this part of the story wrong?

--
Philipp