Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Feature request: Enable/disable spooling when using "run"

2009-02-08 18:49:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] Feature request: Enable/disable spooling when using "run"
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 00:46:44 +0100
Item  1:  Enable/disable spooling when starting jobs with "run"
  Date:   Mon Feb  9 00:41:01 CET 2009
  Origin: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
  What:   I would like to be able to override the spooling settings
          of a job when manually starting it using "run".

  Why:    Normally we disable spooling for full dumps, but enable it
          for differential and incremental ones.

          This works fine by selecting one default setting (say:
          spooling enabled) in the global configuration and
          overriding it for the jobs that need the opposite setting
          (in my example: disable it for full dumps) in the "Run"
          statements in the schedule.

          However, when we have to run a job manually there is no way
          to change the spooling  related  setting  from  the  global
          configuration.

  Notes:

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
C++ is the best example of second-system effect since OS/360.