Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Do the connections stay open during a job?

2009-02-08 17:33:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Do the connections stay open during a job?
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 14:29:41 -0800
I'm trying to find out when, exactly, the various TCP connections
to/from the FD (dir->FD, FD->SD) are opened or closed. Do these
connections stay open continuously while running a job, or are they
closed and opened as needed?

The reason for asking is, once again, my setting up an SSH tunnel. The
way I currently have it set up, the SSH tunnel will automatically close
itself as soon as there is no connection going through it - a standard
strategy to make tunnel cleanup easier; I wouldn't need a Run After
script. But this only works if at least one connection is open at all
times as long as the job is running. What I am actually observing is
that the tunnel does disappear in the middle of a job.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.