Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Using tape autochanger

2009-02-05 18:57:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Using tape autochanger
From: Christopher Dick <jcdick1 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:54:32 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message ----
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Christopher Dick <jcdick1 AT yahoo DOT com>; bacula-users <Bacula-users AT
lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:51:10 PM

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Christopher Dick <jcdick1 AT yahoo DOT com>
wrote:
> I will preface this with the usual "I am new to Bacula" statement before
> diving into this.  I have Googled the errors, and looked at email threads and
> attempted to get my configs to look like the ones in the documentation and in
> the various forums and email threads.  But nothing seems to work.
>
> Here is the issue:
>
> When I run btape, I get the following:
>
>  btape -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf autochanger
> Tape block granularity is 1024 bytes.
> btape: butil.c:278 Could not find device "autochanger" in config file
> /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf.
> 05-Feb 16:39 btape JobId 0: Fatal error: butil.c:168 Cannot find device
> "autochanger" in config file /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf.
>
> When I run bconsole, I regularly get this:
>
> 3999 Device "LTO-2" not found or could not be opened.
>
> Here is the storage related sections of -dir.conf in directory /etc/bacula:
>
> Storage {
>  Name = LTO-2
>  Address = host.domain.com
>  SDPort = 9103
>  Password = host
>  Device = /dev/st0
>  Media Type = Ultrium2
> }
>
> Here is the Pool definition in -dir.conf
>
> Pool {
>  Name = "Tape"
>  Pool Type = Backup
>  Volume Retention = 365 days
>  Recycle = yes
>  AutoPrune = yes
>  Storage = LTO-2
> }
>
> And finally, here are the entries in -sd.conf from /etc/bacula:
>
> Autochanger {
>  Name = Autochanger

Case is sensitive so "autochanger" is not the same.

John

---

I tried Autochanger, with a capital A as well, but no luck there either:

btape -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf Autochanger
Tape block granularity is 1024 bytes.
btape: butil.c:278 Could not find device "Autochanger" in config file
/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf.
05-Feb 17:52 btape JobId 0: Fatal error: butil.c:168 Cannot find device
"Autochanger" in config file /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf.

Thanks for the quick response, though.  I do appreciate the interest and help!

Chris