Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] btape test error on (supported) QUANTUM DLT8000

2008-12-29 13:13:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] btape test error on (supported) QUANTUM DLT8000
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Marco Poli <polimarco AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:10:56 -0500
On Dec 29, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Marco Poli wrote:

> I am having a rather unpleasant experience... I am trying to get
> bacula working with a QUANTUM DLT8000 tape drive that, besides being
> an old drive model, is a brand-new device, with only some hours of
> uptime right now (box was originally opened by me for this specific
> application).

FWIW, and my apologies for not posting anything that will directly
help you.

When I moved from DDS to DLT a few years ago, I bought several *used*
DLT drives, both 7000 and 8000.  Perhaps it was my batch of drives,
but I was unable to get reliable high quality results from any of the
DLT 8000 drives.    But the DLT 7000 have proven to be a good
investment and I would buy more if the current drives die.

However:

I do not recall if I was getting the errors you are seeing.

AND:

I do agree that high quality cables and terminators are required.
Watch for any bent pins on the connectors too.

--
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/