Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] OT

2008-12-15 14:44:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] OT
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Blake Irvin" <irvin AT vivisimo DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sf DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:42:05 -0500
> Well, that's good to know!
>
> I must say, though my cramped schedule makes fully studying Bacula's feature
> set a bit hard, it's a very impressive tool.  Unfortunately, I think I'm
> getting bitten by the simplicity of my needs.  Bacula is geared towards
> management of a tape library, something we don't use ATM, though I want to
> move in that direction.

I use tape mainly with disk and dvd in a limited role. We have been
using bacula since late 2003 early 2004 and we currently have 15TB+ on
tape and a few GB on disk. Most of the tape backups are stored on an
Exabyte Magnum 224 changer with 2 LTO2 drives and 24 slots. I believe
we are on tape 62 or so with about 14000 completed jobs.

>Do you use Solaris in your shop?  I'm also working to get the Pittsburgh
>OpenSolaris user group off the ground.  You're welcome to be >a part of that
>if you have any interest in FOSS in general and OpenSolaris in particular.

No. We have gentoo linux as our servers and mostly windows XP as the desktops.

John