Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula hang waiting for storage

2008-12-04 08:23:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula hang waiting for storage
From: Julien Cigar <jcigar AT ulb.ac DOT be>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 14:20:37 +0100
On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 12:50 +0000, Martin Simmons wrote:

> > On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 11:33 +0100, Ralf Gross wrote:
> > > Julien Cigar schrieb:
> > >
> > > Are you sure you need these additional options?

> > Yes, apparently it's needed for FreeBSD :
> >
> > gemini# pwd
> > /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server/files
> > gemini# cat pkg-message.server.in
>
> Despite the wording in that file, it is not true for all drives.  These
> options work perfectly for me on FreeBSD 4 with an HP LTO-1:

Ok.. good to know.

To configure the SD I just did a "mt -f /dev/nsa0 geteotmodel", it
replied with 2 filemarks at EOT and then I followed the instructions of
the port maintainer (as I have almost no idea how to adjust most of
those parameters).

Anyway, if the btape tests passes with those values I can be relatively
confident that they are safe for my tape drive (and that the SCSI
cable/terminator is OK) ?

Best regards,
Julien

--