Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Is it save to delete all Volumes with VolStatus = "Purged"?

2008-11-29 05:49:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] Is it save to delete all Volumes with VolStatus = "Purged"?
From: "Rodrigo Severo" <rodrigo AT fabricadeideias DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 08:23:02 -0200
Hi,

Is it safe to delete all Volumes with VolStatus = "Purged"?

I ask because I have the following situation on my Bacula database right now:

> select VolStatus, count(MediaId) from Media group by VolStatus;
+-----------+----------------+
| VolStatus | count(MediaId) |
+-----------+----------------+
| Full      |              7 |
| Purged    |          13469 |
| Error     |             28 |
| Used      |            333 |

I believe I can get rid of 13469 records of a 13837 records database.

Is there anything else I shoudl check before deleting these records?

And the way to delete all those Volumes would be:

DELETE FROM Media WHERE VolStatus = "Purged";

or is there a sane bconsole command that would do it?

TIA,

Rodrigo Severo