Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Don't understant recycling and Scratch pool

2008-11-13 11:55:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Don't understant recycling and Scratch pool
From: Attila Fülöp <lichtscheu AT gesindel DOT org>
To: LeJav <lejav AT ibs-tls DOT com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:50:26 +0100
LeJav wrote:
> The problem is that the variable RecyclePoolId is not set for the media.
> If I execute "update volume" for all the volumes of the pool, the
> RecyclePoolId
>   field is well set, and recycling works fine
> It seems there is a bug...

Nope, this is by design. If you change a pools definition only volumes
added after that date will pick up the new defs, all existing volumes
must be updated, see "update volume", "All Volumes from Pool" in the
manual.

This is a common pitfall when changing volume parameters like retention
times and the like.

Attila