Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Don't understant recycling and Scratch pool

2008-11-13 10:03:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Don't understant recycling and Scratch pool
From: James Cort <james.cort AT u4eatech DOT com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:01:02 +0000
Attila Fülöp wrote:
> > You can use "RecyclePool = Scratch" in the pool resource:
> >
> > RecyclePool = <pool-resource-name> On versions 2.1.4 or greater,
> >     this directive defines to which pool the Volume will be placed
(moved)
> >     when it is recycled.

Well, you learn something every day.

I'm not clear from the manual - I would think it logical that such a
line goes into the pool definition for the source pool, eg:

Pool {
  Name = DailyTape
  Pool Type = Backup
  Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
  Recycle = Yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Recycle Current Volume = yes
  Volume Retention = 27 days
  Volume Use Duration = 23 hours
  RecyclePool = Scratch
}

however, the manual states:

"This directive is probably most useful when defined in the Scratch
pool"  - surely the scratch pool is one pool in which you wouldn't
define this?

--
James Cort

IT Manager