Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-usersMoving from Tape to DVD

2008-11-13 10:07:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-usersMoving from Tape to DVD
From: Wes Hardaker <hardaker AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:05:59 -0800

JF> Ok, a happy camper!

Well, yes.  But I've taken some preventative measures too.  I also have
modified the script to copy all the spooled files to a different
directory so that I can verify they all made it to the DVD before
deleting them.  It was frequently a problem *until* I added the
dvd-compat flag that bacula would write the DVD but the file wouldn't be
on it.  Especially if they were small.

JF> Which version of Bacula you are using?

I'm currently using an older one (2.0.3).  I need to upgrade at some
point soon..

JF> I think -dvd-compat fixes some dvd writing issues, but I have no
JF> problems there. DVD will be written fine, but the problems are in
JF> catalog updating and using recucled volumes.

I saw your notes but couldn't interpret anything from them to help ya,
so I didn't respond...