Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-usersMoving from Tape to DVD

2008-11-12 13:52:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-usersMoving from Tape to DVD
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: "Wes Hardaker" <hardaker AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:50:30 +0200

>> Now wondering best practises with DVD backups.
>
> The biggest one for me was adding -dvd-compat to the
> "self.growparams" settings in /etc/bacula/dvd-handler
> (near line 112)

Ok, a happy camper! Which version of Bacula you are using? Seems the current
ones are broken or I have a serious configuration error somewhere.

I think -dvd-compat fixes some dvd writing issues, but I have no problems
there. DVD will be written fine, but the problems are in catalog updating and
using recucled volumes.