Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Disk hash/catalog comparisons.

2008-11-12 08:07:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Disk hash/catalog comparisons.
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:04:16 +0000 (GMT)
Bacula 2.4.1

I need to do a verify of the state of a filesystem at a particular date
vs what's in there now, as some files have been overwritten with nulls
whilst having their timestamps preserved (hardware problems).

I've tried using "Verify Disk to Catalog", but this only seems to say if a
file is newer/older than the Catalog entry, vs changed checksum (all
backup sets have SHA1 checksums)

Am I approaching this the wrong way or does bacula not currently have the
capability of detecting changed checksums for backed up files?

(I know about initcatalog, but that's not appropriate in this instance)