Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] offsite backup question

2008-11-12 07:37:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] offsite backup question
From: John Fitzpatrick <jfitzpatrick AT altobridge DOT com>
To: Berend Dekens <berend AT cyberwizzard DOT nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:34:27 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Berend,

I was thinking of doing it that way, a full backup for offsite followed by a
full to stay in the changer. It just seems a long way around it, a full backup
for each client takes 15 hours in total.

Thanks Kevin, but I thought I had already included that
"Add the option 'recycle current volume = yes' to the offsite pool"
with recycle = yes

I will run another full back locally and test a restore from local, then
restore from my offsite set.

Thanks,
John

Berend wrote:

Hey John,

I have a similar problem at the moment. The problem originates from the
fact that Bacula seems to be unable to seperate restore jobs based on
storage pools (so a system with files stored in multiple pools will
require volumes from all pools used).

As far as I know this is currently not solved - you might work around it
by making a full offsite backup followed by a full local backup: this
way both locations have a complete data set. But for my sake it is too
much work and takes too much space.

Bacula 3.0 will have Copy Jobs - a job type which copies backup jobs
between storage pools. I think that is great for getting the offsite
backups you and me want :-)

Regards,
Berend Dekens