Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Forcing volume change.

2008-11-07 05:37:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] Forcing volume change.
From: Fábio Catunda <fcatunda AT contactnet.com DOT br>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 08:10:43 -0200
Hi list.

This is my first message to the list, I'm new on bacula, if some
information is missing, please, just ask and I promise that next time
the information will be in the first e-mail.

Bacula version: 1.38.11 (28 June 2006) Debian package.

I have a storage, so I'm using file storage. Everything was fine until
the volume I created got about 50GB of data, then I saw that it was
taking too long to restore some files. Search google for help I got to:
http://bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Basic_Volume_Management.html#SECTION002611000000000000000

Great. So I made the following config (relevant sections only):
in bacula-sd:

Device {
  Name = Default
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /backup/bacula
  LabelMedia = yes;
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

And in bacula-dir.conf:
JobDefs {
  Name = "ETC"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  FileSet = "ETC"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Default
  Priority = 10
}

Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 180 days
  Volume Use Duration = 23h
  LabelFormat = "Backup-${Year}-${Month:p/2/0/r}-${Day:p/2/0/r}"
}

Storage {
  Name = File
  Address = hefesto.mydomain.com.br
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "ThisIsMyPassword"
  Device = Default
  Media Type = File
}

I was expecting a volume cycle, but more than 23h has passed and still
no new volume in my default pool.

I would like to know what is wrong, any tip is appreciated. Also, is
there a way to force a volume creation? I would like to run some backups
today (fryday) in a new volume, just in case.

Thanks for the help.

Fábio Catunda.