Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] First use of volumes

2008-10-24 04:48:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] First use of volumes
From: Kshatriya <kshatriyak AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:43:46 +0200
Hello !

Maybe I don't know where to find it in Bacula and it already exists, but a
feature I've always 'missed' is that Bacula doesn't save the date of
the first use of a volume (and optionally the read/write count).

It would be very nice to know this, because then you know how old your
tapes are, how many times they are written and as a result, if they need
replacement.

I always write the 'first-use' date on my tapes, but on some older tapes I
didn't and now I noticed they started to fail because they were too old or
used too many times.

I think it would be very easy to implement such a thing in Bacula. Or does
it already exists?

Thanks!
K.