Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Who talks to whom in bacula?

2008-10-23 04:32:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Who talks to whom in bacula?
From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho AT linpro DOT no>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:24:33 +0200
"James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au> writes:
> Also, if your link is in anyway unreliable (eg some chance of
> dropping for a second or two whilst the backup is running) then the
> entire running job (or jobs if you are running concurrently) could
> be failed.

this sounds strange.  TCP will retransmit happily in such a short
timespan.  I'd only expect problems if the link is down for 1-2
minutes or more.

a more common problem is connection tracking information being thrown
away by network equipment during the possibly long periods of quiet.
hence the heartbeat support you can turn on in the Bacula protocols.

--
regards,          | Redpill  _
Kjetil T. Homme   | Linpro  (_)