Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple jobs simultaneously with multiple storage daemons

2008-10-21 11:29:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple jobs simultaneously with multiple storage daemons
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Tonton Dede" <tonton.dede AT gmx DOT net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:26:19 -0400
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Tonton Dede <tonton.dede AT gmx DOT net>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have 1 director and 2 storage daemons installed on 2 servers, each
> one with 1 tape drive.
>
> Both SD are configure and known by the director. In the director, le
> Maximum Concurrent jobs has been set to 2

You need to set Maximum Concurrent jobs in bacula-dir.conf more than 1
time. Once for the director. Once for each client that you want
concurrency. Possibly on each storage resource ( Do you want to run
more than 1 job at a time on each tape drive?)

> - is what we want to do possible (that is backup on several sd with 1
> director at the same time
> - how can this be achieved ?

See above. You may also have some problems if the jobs go to the same
pool and media type but to 2 different tape drives. And what I mean
about problems is bacula wanting the tape from one drive to be in the
other causing bacula to block.

John