Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What causes orphaned Path/Files in database?

2008-10-16 14:01:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What causes orphaned Path/Files in database?
From: Steve Thompson <smt AT vgersoft DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:30:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu wrote:

> In our environment, dbcheck takes about 3 days to run. The catalog is about
> 21GB, and the server is a dual-proc 3.2GHz, 32-bit machine with 12GB of RAM,
> running bacula 1.38.11 and MySQL 5.?.

That sounds like rather a long time. One of my bacula environments has a
current catalog size of about 12 GB, and on a 3.0 GHz Core2 box (two cores
total), CentOS 5.2, dbcheck takes about an hour or so. Obviously this is a
much faster machine than you are using, but it shouldb't make _that_ much
difference. I'm doing a:

        CREATE INDEX file_tmp_pathid_idx ON File (PathId);
        CREATE INDEX file_tmp_filenameid_idx ON File (FilenameId);

before the dbcheck, which produces an enormous speedup.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"