Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] What causes orphaned Path/Files in database?

2008-10-15 13:14:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] What causes orphaned Path/Files in database?
From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:01:09 -0700 (PDT)
Folks,

I ran dbcheck command on bacula catalog and I it found following:

Checking for Filenames with a trailing slash
Found 0 bad Filename records.
Checking for Paths without a trailing slash
Found 0 bad Path records.
Checking for duplicate Filename entries.
Found 0 duplicate Filename records.
Checking for duplicate Path entries.
Found 0 duplicate Path records.
Checking for orphaned JobMedia entries.
Checking for orphaned File entries. This may take some time!
Checking for orphaned Path entries. This may take some time!
Found 5231 orphaned Path records.
Checking for orphaned Filename entries. This may take some time!
Found 35007 orphaned Filename records.
Checking for orphaned FileSet entries. This takes some time!
Found 0 orphaned FileSet records.
Checking for orphaned Client entries.
Found 0 orphaned Client records.
Checking for orphaned Job entries.
Found 0 orphaned Job records.
Checking for Admin Job entries.
Found 19 Admin Job records.
Checking for Restore Job entries.
Found 0 Restore Job records.

What causes the orphaned paths and files?

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com