Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with huge backup - possible bug

2008-10-16 11:42:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with huge backup - possible bug
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:38:22 +0200
Hi,

16.10.2008 15:53, John Drescher wrote:
>>> Does the first job take more than 1 day?
>> Yes, that is true in this case. But is this making any difference ?? With
>> running full backup there shouldn't be any next job upgraded to full prior to
>> finish of first one.
>>
> The reason I ask is when the next backup is scheduled to begin if the
> previous full is not completed the next backup will be upgraded to a
> full. There has been some discussion of this problem on the list. I am
> not sure of the solution to this but I will try to check the archives.

 From my memory: One user implemented a small run before job script
that checks if a corresponding full for the current job is running and
returns 1 if that's the case, thus effectively canceling the newly
scheduled job.

In some future version, some directives will be available to prevent
the outlined scenario. I forgot which directive names were discussed,
though... and I don't think this is in the devel manual.

Arno

> John

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann