Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with huge backup - possible bug

2008-10-16 09:40:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with huge backup - possible bug
From: Piotr Gbyliczek <pg AT forlinux.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:36:47 +0100
On Thursday 16 October 2008 14:21:40 John Drescher wrote:
> > I have few backups over network, which are quite big (50GB and 250GB for
> > example).
>
> I do not consider this a huge backup. I have done 2TB+ backups
> successfully with bacula.

I didn't called it huge. But it is quite big imho if you doing it over cloud,
not through corporate network with stable 100Mb or even 1Tb connections.

> >I'm expecting them to be quite long jobs, and I'm working on
> > getting SD in same cabinet for them, but that ideal solution is not there
> > yet. Anyway, I've noticed something which is considered by me as bug.
> > Director is scheduling jobs every night, full once a month, differential
> > once a week, incremental every day. This is working fine, but every month
> > we having problems with full backup. It seems that it runs for ages and
> > that is still expected as they big, but every next job for that client
> > seems to be upgraded to full regardless that full is running just now.
>
> Does the first job take more than 1 day?

Yes, that is true in this case. But is this making any difference ?? With
running full backup there shouldn't be any next job upgraded to full prior to
finish of first one.

--
Piotr Gbyliczek
Second Line Support