Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] waiting on max storage jobs

2008-10-14 03:13:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] waiting on max storage jobs
From: Sebastian Lehmann <slehmann AT proficom-ag DOT de>
To: Dave Poirier <dpoirier AT mesd.k12.or DOT us>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:10:01 +0200 (CEST)
Hello,

Am Di 14.10.2008 01:31 schrieb Dave Poirier <dpoirier AT mesd.k12.or DOT us>:

> Brand spankin new to Bacula... I like what I see so far.
> I googled and looked through the archives and couldn't find anything
> helpful. Anyway, I have a autochanger with 4 AIT-3 drives but it seems
> if I
> start multiple jobs it will only run one job on the first drive and
> any job
> after will sit with a status of "waiting on max storage jobs". I guess
> expected the behavior to start any subsiquent jobs on the other three
> drives. Am I wrong in my thinking? I suspected that perhaps "Maximum
> Concurrent Jobs" would have something to do with it, but that is set
> four... So I'm stumped and looking for some help... Any suggestions?

Bacula will only use one drive per pool, so if you want to write to more
then one drive you have to define several pools and direct the jobs to
this pools.

With the "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" option set to bigger then 1 bacula
will write the jobs simultaniously to the one drive.

> Bacula version 2.0.3 on Centos 5.2, the RPM is from the EPEL
> Repository.
>
> bacula-dir.conf
>
> Director {                            # define myself
>   Name = bacula-dir
>   DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
>   QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"
>   WorkingDirectory = "/var/spool/bacula"
>   PidDirectory = "/var/run"
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
>   Password = "XXXX"         # Console password
>   Messages = Daemon
> }
>
> bacula-sd.conf
>
> Storage {                             # definition of myself
>   Name = bacula-sd
>   SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
>   WorkingDirectory = "/var/spool/bacula"
>   Pid Directory = "/var/run"
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
>   Heartbeat Interval = 30 sec;
> }
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Dave

Look at the storage-section in the bacula-dir.conf. There you have also
to define "Maximum Concurrent Jobs", e.g:

Storage {
  Name = SL500-1
  Address = dss-bacula
  SD Port = 9103