Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Command on media change request from SD

2008-10-13 08:24:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Command on media change request from SD
From: Felix Brack <fb AT ltec DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:21:49 +0200
The storage daemon has some possibilities to run external commands such
as 'Mount Command', 'Alert Command', etc. Is there an option that allows
to run an external command when the storage daemon requires change of media?

Example:
I get the following message from the storage daemon asking to change the
media.

13-Oct 14:08 lexington-dir JobId 109: Start Backup JobId 109,
Job=Lexington_Dayly.2008-10-13_14.08.03
13-Oct 14:08 lexington-dir JobId 109: Using Device "IOMEGA-REV-DISK"
13-Oct 14:08 lexington-sd JobId 109: Please mount Volume "TAG-4" or
label a new one for:
     Job:          Lexington_Dayly.2008-10-13_14.08.03
     Storage:      "IOMEGA-REV-DISK" (/media/iomega-rev-disk)
     Pool:         Day Pool
     Media type:   REV-120GB

When this message appears I would like to run an external command. Did I
miss something in the documentation or is this not possible with bacula
version 2.4.2?

Many thanks, Felix