Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Deleting from disk based pool

2008-10-13 08:12:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Deleting from disk based pool
From: Radek Hladik <radek AT eadresa DOT cz>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:26:37 +0200
Hi,
        I'm backing to disk based storage, every volume has maximum count set
to one job, so every pool has one file per job. Each pool is configured
with recycle period and volume count so it can hold just enough
volumes/jobs. For example for 7 daily full backups I have pool with
maximum 7 volumes and 6 days retention period.
        However I need sometimes to delete some older backups by hand, because
of low disk space, or because we sometimes manually run the backup and
it breaks the schema (the last backup is not old enough to be recycled).
I would like to ask whether there is a possibility to manually recycle
volume from console and/or if there is a way how to tell Bacula that
I've deleted some particular volume and that it should remove it from
catalog?

Radek