Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] automatically pruning the loaded volume

2008-10-13 08:29:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] automatically pruning the loaded volume
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:27:04 +0200
I'm still wrestling with my problem of Bacula requesting a different
volume although the one already loaded is eligible to be recycled. [1]
As I cannot find a solution to the root problem I am now thinking about
workarounds. One idea I'm currently pursuing is to preventively prune
every volume after mounting it.

What I'd need for that is a way to issue from a script a prune command
for the volume which is currently loaded in a specific standalone tape
drive. Unfortunately the "prune" command of bconsole requires the
volume name to be specified. Any ideas how to specify "currently mounted
volume" there?

Note that the AutoPrune configuration directive does not help, because
it doesn't work in the presence of appendable but inaccessible volumes
in the pool.

Thanks in advance,
Tilman

[1] For details, see my postings: