Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Again: restore all most recent backed up files without using full backups

2008-10-10 09:41:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Again: restore all most recent backed up files without using full backups
From: gvm999 <gvm999 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:36:07 +0200
>> I found out I accidentally deleted volumes with a full backup. Or
>> the files are not in the database anymore.

> the difference is significant, but it sounds like the latter is your
> problem.

I actually deleted some of the volumes to save space (the first few volumes; from vol1 to vol10 for example; but at that moment I had more than 40 volumes).
I have no idea however if all full backups where on these volumes.
I added my configuration as an attachment. Maybe this will give some more insight in the problem.

Let's pretend that I actually did delete all volumes who had full backups.
Can I still get the files which are saved in the incremental or decremental backups?

> what is the exact message you're getting? I would expect Bacula to
> ask you if you want a full restore instead.

At this moment I can't look it up as this machines is not online. I will be able to use it again next thursday or friday.
I browsed the net and I am pretty sure it was this:
"No Full backup before 2003-10-25 22:36:42 found."
Instead of the date above, it was the time and date of that moment itself.

I also found this:
I will read it and see wait what you have to say before I take any action.

Thank you very much for your time and helping me out!