Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job on Director Hanging

2008-10-07 21:21:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job on Director Hanging
From: Grant <grant-bacula AT mytoolbench DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:17:47 -0500
Grant wrote:
> I am using a laptop over a wireless connection that I am trying to
> backup through Bacula.  I do have Bacula working and backing up two
> other Linux machines as well as one other Windows machine.  All are on
> Ethernet however.
>
> On this laptop, I have 3 jobs setup.  Two work fine although they are
> smaller in size.  One is about 200 MB of data and the other is about 500
> MB.   The third job is about 1.4 GB but I am having a problem with it.
>
> Originally when I first set this job up, it would fail and I would get
> the following error messages in the log:
>
> martin-dir JobId 1: Fatal error: Network error with FD during Backup:
> ERR=Connection reset by peer
> martin-dir JobId 1: Fatal error: No Job status returned from FD.
>
> I searched the internet and found that HeartbeatInterval was a
> suggestion for fixing this.  I added this to my config file.  But now
> the status window in the Bacula application on the laptop shows the job
> running and then says it finished 'OK'.  However, checking the status on
> the director, it says the job is still running and it never ends it.  I
> end up having to reset the server and then the job is not recorded.  So
> it doesn't appear the connection is reset (or dropped) but for some
> reason the director doesn't realize the job has finished?  Below is the
> last entry in the log file for the job:
>
> martin-sd JobId 31: Job write elapsed time = 00:18:57, Transfer rate =
> 1.248 M bytes/second
>
> Any suggestions on what else I can try?  Thanks!

Instead of resetting the director, I let it sit all day.  The director
did eventually cancel the job and wrote the following to the log:

martin-dir JobId 77: Fatal error: No Job status returned from FD.
martin-dir JobId 77: Fatal error: Network error with FD during Backup:
ERR=Connection reset by peer

But what is weird, as I mention above, the client says it finished OK.
Anyone ever see this before or have any idea of how to fix?

Thanks!