Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Job on Director Hanging

2008-10-04 23:52:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Job on Director Hanging
From: Grant <grant-bacula AT mytoolbench DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 22:47:28 -0500
I am using a laptop over a wireless connection that I am trying to
backup through Bacula.  I do have Bacula working and backing up two
other Linux machines as well as one other Windows machine.  All are on
Ethernet however.

On this laptop, I have 3 jobs setup.  Two work fine although they are
smaller in size.  One is about 200 MB of data and the other is about 500
MB.   The third job is about 1.4 GB but I am having a problem with it.

Originally when I first set this job up, it would fail and I would get
the following error messages in the log:

martin-dir JobId 1: Fatal error: Network error with FD during Backup:
ERR=Connection reset by peer
martin-dir JobId 1: Fatal error: No Job status returned from FD.

I searched the internet and found that HeartbeatInterval was a
suggestion for fixing this.  I added this to my config file.  But now
the status window in the Bacula application on the laptop shows the job
running and then says it finished 'OK'.  However, checking the status on
the director, it says the job is still running and it never ends it.  I
end up having to reset the server and then the job is not recorded.  So
it doesn't appear the connection is reset (or dropped) but for some
reason the director doesn't realize the job has finished?  Below is the
last entry in the log file for the job:

martin-sd JobId 31: Job write elapsed time = 00:18:57, Transfer rate =
1.248 M bytes/second

Any suggestions on what else I can try?  Thanks!