Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Windows File daemon problems with VSS on 64 bit systems.

2008-10-05 15:44:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Windows File daemon problems with VSS on 64 bit systems.
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "bacula-devel" <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:42:43 +0200
Hello,

Several of you have had problems with Bacula's Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) on 64
bit windows systems.  I have just made a modification to the FD that stands
about a 50% chance of fixing this problem, and I would appreciate it if
someone would test the new file daemon.

Warning, this is a development version of the Windows FD, and may or may not
work.  I think it will be compatible with older Directors and Storage
daemons, but I cannot be certain, so test this with caution.

You can find the installer binary at:

  http://www.sibbald.com/download/winbacula-2.5.12.exe

Feedback would be appreciated,

Kern

PS: Sorry if you get this twice. I originally sent it with the wrong userid,
so I think it was blocked because that user is not subscribed to the lists.