Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Possible upcoming feature request - Fileset Template

2008-10-07 03:03:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Possible upcoming feature request - Fileset Template
From: Ronald Buder <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
To: terryc <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:58:02 +0200
terryc wrote:
> Ronald Buder wrote:
>

>> Just a few thoughts from us. Opinions welcome, maybe we are just
>> approaching this entirely wrong. However the environment here looks
>> somewhat like the scenario described above. We run plenty of Windows
>> Server boxes, Solaris and Linux, and for the exotic part AIX and HP-UX.
>> The Windows boxes being setup similarily usually require C: and a bunch
>> of important directories to be backed up as well as database folders,
>> webserver content folders and the likes.
>>

> If I'm understanding you correctly, and my limited experience with
> Bacula is correct, can I suggest a different mindset. One more fileset,
> than OS/boxen orientated.

Hey, that's pretty much what we're doing at the moment. We usually have
a "System"-job taking care of all the operating system files and one or
more "data"-jobs to backup the application data. What we though would be
nice was to have a fileset template, just like the Job Definition. Some
sort of blanko fileset so to speak.

Maybe that clarifies it a bit...

Thanks for the answer though.

Best regards,