Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring, and removing files from host that are not found in backup

2008-10-04 17:45:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring, and removing files from host that are not found in backup
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:57:56 +0100
On Thursday 02 October 2008 13:37:31 Dan Langille wrote:
> Ahh, that part was not clear to me.
>
> You want to look into accurate restores.  A project is underway to
> implement them.  It is not ready yet.
>
> http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=projects
>
> Item 1.

Thanks very much.  Glad to see it's on the roadmap.  I suppose I could
implement this as:

1. restore to another directory on the same machine
2. use rsync -av --delete /newrestore/ /

And just exclude the usual directories that you want to leave alone.  But that
requires me to have the disk space for the current filesystem and the one
being restored.

Regards,
Tyler

--
Longum iter est per preaecepta, breve et efficax per exempla.
[It's a long way by the rules, but brief and efficient with examples.]