Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] catalog recovery

2008-09-30 06:47:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] catalog recovery
From: "T. Horsnell" <tsh AT mrc-lmb.cam.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:44:44 +0100
Dan Langille wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2008, at 12:27 PM, T. Horsnell wrote:
>
>> I've damaged my catalog. Can I recover this using its bootstrap file?
>> I have its BackupCatalog.bsr, but cant find any instructions in the
>> manual.
>> Those in chapter 36 seem to refer to a normal file rather than the
>> catalog.
>
> They amount to the same thing AFAIK.
>
> Recover the Catalog backup using the bootstrap file.
>
> Then use it to restore your Catalog database.
>
> --Dan Langille
> http://langille.org/

Thanks. I had trouble finding instructions on how to do the mysql
restoration,
but finally found some embedded in the make_catalog_backup script.

This situation arose for me because I was attempting to use bconsole to
purge some specific jobs from my catalog. I entered the 'purge' command
and chose the 'jobs' option expecting to be prompted with a list of
job-id's,
as happens with other commands where parameters are needed.
But I didnt get the chance to choose a job-id, it just went ahead and
started
purging the lot. Not so good, I would suggest...

Cheers,
Terry

Cheers,
Terry.