Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Disturbing backups

2008-09-24 08:34:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Disturbing backups
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Bill Damage" <bill.damage AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:29:16 -0400
> I restarted bacula using ./bacula restart and forgot it was in the middle of
> a full backup to tape - it was actually writing at that moment. Will it
> recover from this disturbance or should I start again?
Bacula will recover. The volume you are using will be marked as an
error the next time you use it and bacula will want a new volume. If
you do not want this and there is nothing valuable on the volume use
the purge command from the console on that volume. Also if you had
spooling on a spool file will be left in the spool folder.

> How can I check?

I am not sure of anything to check.

> Incidentally I restarted because I wanted to update the operators email
> fields in the dir conf file - did I really need to restart or would it have
> picked them up without it?

reload in the console generally does this.

John