Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] naming scheme in files on disk storage

2008-09-24 04:03:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] naming scheme in files on disk storage
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik AT iki DOT fi>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:28:41 +0300
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 04:32:22PM -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Tyler J. Wagner <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We store backups on a filesystem, named for the hostname and backup level:
> > server1-Full-0001
> > server1-Full-0002
> > server1-Differential-0001
> > server1-Differential-0002
> > server1-Incremental-0001
> > server1-Incremental-0002
> > server1-Incremental-0003
> >
> > Since upgrading from Bacula 1.37 to Bacula 2.2, these files are no longer
> > named sequentially for each file in series, but instead for the MediaID:
> >
> > server1-Full-0013
> > server1-Full-0067
> > server1-Differential-0023
> > server1-Differential-0113
> > server1-Incremental-0015
> > server1-Incremental-0098
> > server1-Incremental-0147
> >
> > Not that it matters much, but it was nicer to look at the old way.  How do I
> > restore the old behaviour?
> >
> Without modifying the code you can not do this. The new behavior is a
> bugfix for the case that volumes were deleted it was possible for
> bacula to want to assign an already used label to a new volume.

Would be really nice if there was 'rename on recycle' option.. If you
recycle disk volumes, that kind of names only are valid for the first run
when they're initially labeled.. when they're recycled, the volume filenames
stay the
same and might contain totally different data later..

(I'm backing up multiple servers into the same pool).

-- Pasi