Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] naming scheme in files on disk storage

2008-09-23 16:03:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] naming scheme in files on disk storage
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 20:37:39 +0100
Hi all,

We store backups on a filesystem, named for the hostname and backup level:
server1-Full-0001
server1-Full-0002
server1-Differential-0001
server1-Differential-0002
server1-Incremental-0001
server1-Incremental-0002
server1-Incremental-0003

Since upgrading from Bacula 1.37 to Bacula 2.2, these files are no longer
named sequentially for each file in series, but instead for the MediaID:

server1-Full-0013
server1-Full-0067
server1-Differential-0023
server1-Differential-0113
server1-Incremental-0015
server1-Incremental-0098
server1-Incremental-0147

Not that it matters much, but it was nicer to look at the old way.  How do I
restore the old behaviour?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Our destiny is frequently met in the very paths we take to avoid it."
   ~ Jean de La Fontaine