Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole error from Bacula client

2008-09-23 15:40:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole error from Bacula client
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:37:52 +0200
Hi,

23.09.2008 20:38, Dan Langille wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2008, at 11:24 AM, Win Htin wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I reconfigured one of my Bacula clients running version 2.2.6 to
>> connect to a new 2.4.2 server for testing and got the following error:
>>
>> [bacula@client01 ]  /etc/bacula/bin/bconsole
>> Connecting to Director baculaserver:9101
>> 23-Sep 10:58 bconsole JobId 0: Fatal error: bsock.c:129
>> Unable to connect to Director daemon on baculaserver:9101.
>> ERR=No route to host
>
> This is a networking issue as I see it.
>
> client01 cannot connect to baculaserver.
>
> I've seen the other posts in the thread.  The above still applies.

Yup... are the machines in the same (sub)network, or are the
connections routed? You can do funny things with routers or
firewalls... like returning ICMP unreachable messages depending on the
port you try to connect to or from.

Arno

>> I've triple checked to see the "Password" entries are correct in
>> both bconsole.conf and bacula-fd.conf files. Client is running RHEL
>> 4 and server is CentOS 5.2.
>
> Password entries are not relevant until comms can be established.
>

>> Any help is much appreciated.
>>
>> Win
>> Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
Sandstr. 6, 49080 Osnabrück
www.its-lehmann.de