Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Strange behavior using @list_of_files as FileSet

2008-09-19 04:02:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Strange behavior using @list_of_files as FileSet
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:01:21 +0200
Hi,

18.09.2008 17:12, Mingus Dew wrote:
> I am running Bacula 2.4.2 on Solaris 10_x86. My configuration has been
> running (mostly) stable for a year now. Recently I started a project to
> implement backups from Oracle Grid Control after Lvl0 database dumps
> have completed. The way this works is as follows:
>
> Grid Control runs a scheduled Level 0 backup of a particular database.
> Scripts are executed from Grid Control that create a list of files
> created by the Level 0 dump
> Grid Control then executes a remote script on the Bacula server. This is
> a script that runs the job.
>
> Here is the script:
>
> #!/usr/bin/bash
> /opt/csw/sbin/bconsole -c /opt/csw/etc/bacula/bconsole.conf <<END_JOB
> @output /dev/null
> messages
> @output /home/oracle/local/mentora/mentora_gcash_lvl0.out w
> run job="Mentora_GCASH_Lvl0_Tape" yes
> quit
> END_JOB
> exit 0
>
> The job is configured to use the following FileSet:
>
> FileSet {
>     Name = "Mentora_Gcash_Lvl0"
>     Include {
>       Options {
>         signature = MD5
>         verify = pins5
>         sparse = yes
>         noatime = yes
>       }
>       @/home/oracle/local/mentora/mentora_gcash_lvl0_list.txt
>     }
> }
>
> This seemed to work well. I noticed that the job did not back up any
> data. I ran 'estimate listing job="Mentora_GCASH_Lvl0_Tape"' in bconsole
> and confirmed that it wasn't picking up any files.
> I check the file
> "/home/oracle/local/mentora/mentora_gcash_lvl0_list.txt". It turned out
> we had generated incorrect paths in this file. We corrected the Grid
> Control scripts to write the correct paths to the list. However, the job
> still backed up 0 bytes. Running estimate again still showed 0 bytes. I
> had to issue a "reload" command in bconsole before the new paths were
> detected.
>
> We intended to overwrite this file every time a new Level 0 runs and
> then read that file into the FileSet. Will this not work? It would seem
> odd to me that Bacula would not read that
> @/home/oracle/local/mentora/mentora_gcash_lvl0_list.txt EVERY time the
> job is run.

No. @ menas the file is included when the DIR reads its configuration,
and is taken from the DIR machine.

You probably want to use "\\</home/..._list.txt". Read the file set
description again - this is described in sufficient detail in there,
but tends to be overlooked in the long text...

Arno

> Thanks,
> Shon

Arno Lehmann