Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Strange behavior using @list_of_files as FileSet

2008-09-18 11:14:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Strange behavior using @list_of_files as FileSet
From: "Mingus Dew" <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:12:11 -0400
I am running Bacula 2.4.2 on Solaris 10_x86. My configuration has been running (mostly) stable for a year now. Recently I started a project to implement backups from Oracle Grid Control after Lvl0 database dumps have completed. The way this works is as follows:

Grid Control runs a scheduled Level 0 backup of a particular database.
Scripts are executed from Grid Control that create a list of files created by the Level 0 dump
Grid Control then executes a remote script on the Bacula server. This is a script that runs the job.

Here is the script:

#!/usr/bin/bash
/opt/csw/sbin/bconsole -c /opt/csw/etc/bacula/bconsole.conf <<END_JOB
@output /dev/null
messages
@output /home/oracle/local/mentora/mentora_gcash_lvl0.out w
run job="Mentora_GCASH_Lvl0_Tape" yes
quit
END_JOB
exit 0

The job is configured to use the following FileSet:

FileSet {
    Name = "Mentora_Gcash_Lvl0"
    Include {
      Options {
        signature = MD5
        verify = pins5
        sparse = yes
        noatime = yes
      }
      @/home/oracle/local/mentora/mentora_gcash_lvl0_list.txt
    }
}

This seemed to work well. I noticed that the job did not back up any data. I ran 'estimate listing job="Mentora_GCASH_Lvl0_Tape"' in bconsole and confirmed that it wasn't picking up any files.
I check the file "/home/oracle/local/mentora/mentora_gcash_lvl0_list.txt". It turned out we had generated incorrect paths in this file. We corrected the Grid Control scripts to write the correct paths to the list. However, the job still backed up 0 bytes. Running estimate again still showed 0 bytes. I had to issue a "reload" command in bconsole before the new paths were detected.

We intended to overwrite this file every time a new Level 0 runs and then read that file into the FileSet. Will this not work? It would seem odd to me that Bacula would not read that @/home/oracle/local/mentora/mentora_gcash_lvl0_list.txt EVERY time the job is run.

Thanks,
Shon