Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Feature request: Be able to modify last written date (for volume)

2008-09-17 09:27:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Feature request: Be able to modify last written date (for volume)
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "Xeos Laenor" <xeoslaenor AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:26:54 +0200
On Wednesday 17 September 2008 14:10:35 Xeos Laenor wrote:
> Thank you for this quick response.
> I've tried to modify recycle flag but Bacula still want to write on this
> volume.
> I've found another solution, I modify the 'enabled' parameter.
> Is it the right way? And what I haven't understood about recycle flag?

I probably misunderstood but thought the volume was Full or Purged and it was
a question for choosing it for recycling.  If that is the case, turning off
the Recycle flag will prevent the Volume from being recycled and re-written.

If Bacula has been writing on the Volume and it is not yet Full or Purged,
then you can mark it Full and turn off the Recycle flag and that should
prevent Bacula from writing on it until you reset the Recycle flage.

Changing the enabled flag is also possible, but it is much more drastic as it
will prevent all use of the Volume include prevent the normal Volume pruning.
Either way should work OK.

Best regards,

Kern