Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Feature request: Be able to modify last written date (for volume)

2008-09-16 09:18:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Feature request: Be able to modify last written date (for volume)
From: "Xeos Laenor" <xeoslaenor AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Kern Sibbald" <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:18:30 +0200
Item 1: Implement an option to modify the last written date for volumes
Date: 16 September 2008
Origin: Franck (xeoslaenor at gmail dot com)
What: The ability to modify the last written date for a volume
Why: It's sometime necessary to jump a volume when you have a pool of volume which recycles the oldest volume at each backup. Sometime, it needs to cancel a set of backup (one day backup, completely) and we want to avoid that bacula choose the volume (which is not written at all) from the cancelled backup (It has to jump to next volume). in this case, we just need to update the written date manually to avoir the "oldest volume" purge.
Notes: An option can be add to "update volume" command (like 'written date' choice for example)

Best regards,
Franck