Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] spooling + tape + concurrent backups

2008-09-17 01:55:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] spooling + tape + concurrent backups
From: Adrian Moisey <adrian AT careerjunction.co DOT za>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:54:41 +0200
Hi

I'm busy setting up my bacula to write to tape.  The problem I've come
across now is that it seems to take forever to do so and it takes more
then 1 tape.

What happens is I've got spooling enabled.  When the backup runs it
spools machine A, writes machine A to tape, spools machine B, writes
machine B to tape.  I understand that you can't write concurrent backups
to tape.  How can I get my bacula to spool *everything* before it writes
to tape?

I want this:  spool machine A, B and C, write machine A, B and C to tape.

This is my setup:

bacula-sd.conf:
Device {
   Name = "PowerVault114T"
   Archive Device = "/dev/nst0"
   Device Type = "Tape"
   Media Type = "LTO-3"
   Autochanger = No
   #Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error /dev/nst0'"
   Always Open = Yes
   Removable media = Yes
   Random access = No
   Spool Directory = "/backups/spool"
}

bacula-dir.conf:
Storage {
   Name = Tape
   Address = cj-cpt-backup01.careerjunction.local
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "Cv70F6pf1t6pBopT4vQOnigDrR0v3LT3Cgkiyj"
   Device = "PowerVault114T"
   Media Type = "LTO-3"
   Autochanger = no
}

--
Adrian Moisey
Systems Administrator | CareerJunction | Your Future Starts Here.