Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Purging All Tapes

2008-09-11 14:10:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Purging All Tapes
From: William <william.voyek AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:58:56 +0000 (UTC)
Hello list,

I'm currently using Bacula to backup a single server with an internal LTO-1 tape
drive. I backup 5 days a week, full backups. I have 5 tapes that I resuse
(Monday tape, Tuesday tape, etc.) I would like Bacula to append to the tape
until it is full. Currently it is overwriting the tape after each use. The
following appears in each days logs:

Recycled volume "wednesday_full" on device "LTO-1" (/dev/nst0), all previous
data lost.

The tape is 100GB unconpressed / 200GB compressed. I'm only writing ~3GB per
backup. Theoretically Bacula should be able to write data to the tape for at
least 30 weeks before needing to overwrite the data. How do I get Baclua to
behave in the manner I wish (i.e. do not overwrite tapes until absolutely
necessary)?

Thanks,

William