Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem cancelling a job

2008-09-11 09:59:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem cancelling a job
From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 AT mac DOT com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 06:59:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 9/11/08, Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 AT mac DOT com> wrote:

> From: Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 AT mac DOT com>
> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem cancelling a job
> To: "Hemant Shah" <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
> Cc: "baculausers" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
> Date: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 8:42 AM
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Hemant Shah might have said:
>
> > Anyone have a clue on how to solve this problem?
> >
> > Hemant Shah
> > E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com
> >

> > --- On Mon, 9/8/08, Hemant Shah
> <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
> >
> > > From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
> > > Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem cancelling a job
> > > To: "baculausers"
> <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
> > > Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 11:31 AM
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > >   Over the weekend, one of my systems crashed
> while it was
> > > being backed up. I did not notice it until after
> 12 hours.
> > > "stat dir" command showed that the job
> was still
> > > running and other jobs with lower priority were
> waiting for
> > > this job to complete.
> > >
> > >   I re-booted the client, but bconsole still
> showed that
> > > the job was running. I cancelled the job and I
> got back
> > > message that the job was cancelled, but
> "stat dir"
> > > still showed that job was running fifteen minutes
> after I
> > > cancelled the job. I had to shutdown bacula
> change my config
> > > file (change schedule) and restart bacula.
> > >
> > > How do I cancel a job if the client has crashed
> or lost
> > > network connection while it was being backed up?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Hemant Shah
> > > E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com
>
> The only way I've cancelled jobs is 'cancel
> jobid=$id'. This command
> has worked for me every time. I've not had a client
> connection lost
> during backup.

  "cancel job" has also worked for me before, this is the first time I had to
run it when the client crashed.

> I can see restarting the bacula server, but not changing
> the
> bacula-dir.conf file and schedule.

I had to change the schedule before re-starting bacula because the jobs that
were waiting were scheduled to run day before, and if I re-start bacula without
changing the schedule those jobs will not run.

> Mike

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com