Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Catalog size problem

2008-09-10 08:43:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Catalog size problem
From: Foo Bar <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:43:09 +0000 (GMT)
--- On Fri, 5/9/08, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> How are you calculating the database size? I am confused
> since you are
> talking about 34MB and 11MB which seem fine to me than
> where did you
> get the 4GB from? If it is really 4GB could this be mysql
> saving binary logs?

/var/lib/mysql/bacula totals 34 MB, this contains the various
FileName/Job/JobMedia/Pool MYI/MYD files, which is I presume the actual
database, and the sizes I would expect.

The Vol_Catalog file defined in my config is a single file of by now ~4 GB
(stored on Samba mounted NAS share).

The 11 MB is the size I get when I do a mysqldump (presumably from the database
from /var/lib/mysql/bacula/*), and also happens to be the delta by which the
size of the Vol_Catalog file is increasing every day.

So it looks like the daily database is dumped to the catalog and never purged?