Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple addresses

2008-09-07 19:42:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple addresses
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Eli Shemer" <elish AT consist.co DOT il>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:42:21 +1000

> How can I make the director try to communicate with JackStrorage on IP
> 192.168.200.1 when I run "bconsole status storage"(so called)
>
> Yet send to the JackClient a command to connect to 62.0.58.114 where
the
> Storage resides.
>
> The problem occurs due to the fact that the director and storage are
in
> the local lan.
>
> I've configured the nat and firewall for this to work but there seems
> be some confusion on the bacula client/server level.
>
> With telnet everything works.

Two options:

1. Duplicate the storage resource in the director - one on the external
address and one on the internal

2. A better option, depending on your network topology. Fix your nat
rules so that it works properly, and just use the external address. If
you want to connect to the external address from the LAN, you need to
configure 'full nat' on your firewall box, so that the source address is
natted too. If you only currently need the internal address for 'status
storage' then this will be fine. If you are doing backups to it on the
internal address then performance will suck if you do it that way. If
your firewall/nat box is Linux then I can give you some pointers on how
to do this.

James