Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] rename Pool

2008-09-07 22:45:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] rename Pool
From: "Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa" <ildefonso.camargo AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jason Dixon" <jdixon AT omniti DOT com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 22:15:11 +1930
Hi!

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Jason Dixon <jdixon AT omniti DOT com> wrote:
> Is it possible to rename an existing Pool?  I suspect it's just a matter
> of turning off bacula-dir and updating the Pool.Name entry in SQL.  I
> can't see this having any adverse effects, but I wanted to check here
> first.

Well... in general... yes... but you must be really careful.  You have
to follow *all* the relations between the different tables verifying
that everything is consistent, and, off course, you must change the
pool name in the bacula-dir.conf  before you start it again.

I would backup the whole database before trying any changes.