Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] StorageID not set for Media in Catalog

2008-09-04 16:11:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] StorageID not set for Media in Catalog
From: Jeffrey Froman <bacula.tcijf AT olympus DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:11:08 -0700
Hello,

In the Media table of my Bacula Catalog, the StorageID column
reads "0" for all rows. That is, it is using the default value for
the column, and is not being set.

This doesn't prevent backups from working, but it does force me to
manually modify each restore job to include the correct resource.
During the restore job, bconsole tells me:

    Storage "" not found, using Storage "The_Wrong_Storage"

The restore job DOES find the right storage without problem if I
manually update the Media table in the catalog, with something like:

    mysql> UPDATE TABLE Media
    mysql> set StorageID=2
    mysql> WHERE VolumeName LIKE 'Storage2Volume%'

In both my Pool resources and my Job resources (both the backup job
and the restore job), I have defined "storage =
MyStorage". "MyStorage" exists in the Storage table with ID 2.

My volumes are files on disk, and are created and labelled
automatically when needed. The VolumeNames are generated by a python
JobStart hook in DirStartUp.py

What should I be doing in order to have the correct StorageID recorded
for my Media?

Thank you,
Jeffrey