Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mtx error

2008-09-02 09:29:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mtx error
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:29:23 -0400

Previously, Jeronimo Zucco <jczucco AT ucs DOT br> said

>     Sometimes mtx is giving the folowing error:
>
> 01-Set 08:01 bacula-sd JobId 50067: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded?
> drive 0" command.
> 01-Set 08:01 bacula-sd JobId 50067: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0",
> result is Slot 10.
> 01-Set 08:01 bacula-sd JobId 50067: 3307 Issuing autochanger "unload
> slot 10, drive 0" command.
> 01-Set 08:02 bacula-sd JobId 50067: 3995 Bad autochanger "unload slot
> 10, drive 0": ERR=Child exited with code 1
> Results=Unloading drive 0 into Storage Element 10...mtx: Request Sense:
> Long Report=yes
> mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
> mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
> mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Hardware Error
> mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
> mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
> mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
> mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 44
> mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00
> mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
> mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
> mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=no
> MOVE MEDIUM from Element Address 32 to 265 Failed

This happens to me when I load tapes into my tape library and it
mistakenly puts a tape in a slot that was formerly occupied by one
that's currently mounted.  Ideally, those slots should be reserved
during imports but some aren't smart like that.  Anyway, if this is
what's happening to you, do a "release" on all your drives before
importing tapes and you'll not see this again.

    Bob