Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Symlinks Bacula

2008-09-02 09:09:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Symlinks Bacula
From: Ronald Buder <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
To: Ryan Novosielski <novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 15:09:18 +0200 (CEST)
>>>Does Bacula follow symbolyc links when does backups?

Interestingly enough I was facing the same problem today and didn't find
anything. I'm backup up two large vmfs3 volumes. VMware uses uuids and
creates human readable symlinks which bacula would backup at first.
onefs didn't do the trick there. I put the uuid into the fileset for
now, the backup will be performed only once a month but it would be
interesting to see if there is an easier way to go around that matter. I
fear that the uuids might change during reconfiguration of the ESX host
or anything like that.